Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A CLASSIC


I deem it appropriate that my first man post be on Hump Day and be about a brand and individual that put my home city of Boston on the map in the world of apparel and graphic t's.  I'm talking about Johnny Cupcakes.  The company is way more than just a t-shirt company.  This company has an inspiring story, some kick ass branding and a crazy following.

Johnny, from what I understand, is a straight edge kid that decided to capitalize on what he saw as an opportunity.   In a nutshell he went to college.. wasn't feeling it... dropped out.. designed a t-shirt...  everyone wanted it aaaaaand BAM! Johnny Cupcakes.  Ya, ya I know.. there's a lot more to his story, and it's actually pretty inspiring.  Who doesn't love a great "normy" to riches story?  But this blog is about men's clothing and fashion sooo moving on! If you want to read more about Johnny's life and story click here!


If you're ever in the Boston area you A) have to experience Newbury Street and B) have to stop by the JCC store @ 279 Newbury St.  The shop, set up like a bakery, is clean, graphic and and brilliantly merchandised.. which is perfect for you males out there that like to go in to a store, grab what you need and go!  From the fixtures to the packaging, the JCC branding is on another level.

The brand has expanded so much since the classic cupcake and crossbones shirt .  JCC has teamed up with graphic designers, artists, photographers and some pretty well known brands like Hello Kitty (more geared toward the girls)!  A favorite around my South Boston apartment.  Their most recent collaboration with Nickelodeon is sick.... Ahh Real Monsters!?  I mean come on.  That's awesome.


I'm sorry, but Rocco's Modern life!!!?  Spunky???  Heffer!!!!  Shit.  Those were the days.

There's a lot more to come from Johnny and his Cupcakes and I'm excited to see what's next.
And you bet your ass I'll be covering it.

If you're reading this right now... go to the website and buy your first JCC t-shirt... if you already have one?  Buy another.  Duh.

All photos: shop.johnnycupcakes.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

I wanna hear it....