Tuesday, June 19, 2012

THE BUTTERFLY CHAIR

Image via lifeofanarchitect.com
In college I studied interior design.  Year after year I became more and more frustrated with the major and didn't know where my passion went.   My junior or senior year I realized that what I loved was furniture and furniture design.  I played around with the idea in my head of studying industrial design.  Never really told anyone and never really pursued it.

Fast forward about six years and here I am today in a career that involves sourcing the most beautiful furniture for ever evolving retail spaces.  I have been learning so much about the different styles, designs and impact that these functional pieces of art encompass.  I have a lot more to learn and I can whole heartedly say that I am extremely excited about that.  I think I found my niche!  Or at least my passion.

I came across the image above while searching for vintage safari sling chairs for a space in Chicago.
The image is originally from the MoMA website.  I love it.  It's calming to look at.  It's sophisticated yet quirky at the same time.  Just thought I would share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wanna hear it....